Jolene Park helps individuals overcome anxiety and rebuild their health with real food, high-quality nutrients and cutting-edge mind/body techniques. Jolene is a functional nutritionist, health coach and trauma informed yoga teacher. She is also the co-host of “Edit Podcast: Editing Our Drinking & Our Lives.”
In 2001 she founded Healthy Discoveries — a corporate wellness training company. She works with purpose driven companies who strive to create a positive impact on their employees and business. She also coaches business professionals and healthcare providers who are at risk for compassion fatigue, burnout and gray area drinking.
Jolene’s interest in a comprehensive approach to recovery began when she stopped using alcohol as a way to self-medicate her own anxiety. Jolene shares empowering tools for living an alcohol-free life. Her specialty is in depleted neurotransmitter and nutrient support, fight-flight-freeze stress responses, neuroplasticity tools, emotional resiliency techniques, habit change and mindfulness. For more information please visit her website here!
Here are my favorite gems from this weeks episode:
- You don’t need to have create disasters to have a problem with drinking. You can take an “early exit” from the path of alcohol to create a better life
- Stable blood sugar is a major key in creating a healthy stress response
- Proteins & Fats feed the brain and are essential for helping eliminate depression, cravings, mood issues, and symptoms of anxiety
- Somatic therapy gives us the tools to regulate our nervous system
- Grounding, centering and orienting will help us to release stress and link into the moment
- What the polyvagal nerve is and how we can stimulate it