Lara Frazier is a healer and truth-teller, a sobriety warrior and a pig mama. She is a FIERCE believer in the power of owning our stories and is a strong advocate for addiction recovery. Lara shares a story of healing: in sobriety, through addiction, in life and love, and in all the other big huge moments of fear and magic that we rarely talk about, but we should.
Lara Frazier lives in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area with her pig, Peaches. She received her MBA in Marketing & Global Business from Pepperdine University. After many years of working in the entertainment industry, Lara became addicted to prescription pills and left her career to seek help and find her truth.
Lara now works in the addiction recovery industry. Currently, she is the Director of Marketing for Spring Gardens Detox. Lara continues to document her story of healing in the most authentic and vulnerable way she knows how; through her own eyes and with her whole heart.
Here’s my favorite gems from this week’s episode:
- Support is key to recovery, and there are so many people out there (in person + online) that want to guide you on the path to recovery
- Sobriety gives us the key to presence and connection with others
- Every one of our feelings (“good” or “bad”) have incredible wisdom and healing to offer us
- Surround yourself with things that feed your spirit not your ego
- One persons medicine is another person’s poison. Learn to listen to yourself and trust the guidance you receive.
- Owning our story lights the pathway for other women to recover